top of page

                           RESOURCES & CONTACTS FOR CANADA





Below are the names and contact details for some important agencies and National Organizations ACROSS CANADA, who can offer you immediate help in most cases. It is important to note that we can provide you with ADDITIONAL REGIONAL & LOCAL CONTACTS should you need them, just message us VIA OUR CHAT LINK BELOW or reach out to us on FACEBOOK and we will give you the local contacts that can and will help you.


                                 NATIONWIDE CONTACTS CANADA

                                                                                                                                                                                                             MISSING PEOPLE












MISSING PEOPLE:  Contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or at their website OR Contact the National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains at



  • National Search and Rescue Secretariat (Government of Canada)

  • Canadian Amphibious Search Team (C.A.S.T.)

  • MSAR Search and Rescue (MSAR)

  • National Search and Rescue Dog Association of Canada

  • Salvation Army – Family Tracing Service

  • Search and Rescue Volunteer Association of Canada (SARVAC)

  • Ontario’s Missing Adults

Aboriginal organizations offering information for families of the missing:

Native Women’s Association of Canada

Families of Sisters in Spirit – contact Bridget Tolley, Founder of FSIS 

Ka Ni Kanickihk

                                 CHILD ABUSE OR SUSPICIONS OF NEGLECT


The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline is dedicated to the prevention of child abuse. Serving the U.S. and Canada, the hotline is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with professional crisis counselors who—through interpreters—provide assistance in over 170 languages. The hotline offers crisis intervention, information, and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service, and support resources. All calls are confidential. The national hotline is available 24/7 at (1-800) 4-A-Child or (1-800) 422-4453

ALBERTA: To report suspected child maltreatment: Call 1-800-387-KIDS (1-800-387-5437)

Children’s Advocate: 600-9925 109 St NW Edmonton, AB T5K 2J8 - Phone numbers:

Toll-free: 1-800-661-3446  - Northern Alberta: 780-422-6056 - Southern Alberta: 403-297-8435


To report suspected child maltreatment: Call 1-800-387-KIDS (1-800-387-5437)  

Alberta Supports Contact CentreToll-free phone: 1-877-644-9992 (Mon to Fri 7:30 am - 8 pm) Email: For toll-free access to any government office within Alberta,

dial 310-0000. Children’s Advocate: 600-9925 109 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5K 2J8  - Phone numbers:

Toll-free: 1-800-661-3446  Northern Alberta: 780-422-6056 - Southern Alberta: 403-297-8435 Email: ca.information@OCYA.alberta.c

BRITISH COLUMBIA: To report suspected child maltreatment: Call 1-800-663-9122 at any time of the day or night. If you are a child or youth and would like to talk to someone call the Helpline for Children at 310-1234 (no area code is required within BC) 

Ministry of Children and Family Development: PO Box 9724 Stn Prov Govt, Victoria, BC V8W 9S2

Toll-free phone: 1-877-387-7027 - Representative for Children and YouthSuite 400, 1019 Wharf Street, Victoria, BC V8W 2Y9, Email:  Phone numbers:  General inquiries:

1-800-476-3933 - Head Office: 250-356-6710 - Northern Office: 250-561-4626 - Lower Mainland Office: 604-775-3213

MANITOBA: To report suspected child maltreatment: Call 1-866-345-9241 or contact the nearest Designated Intake Agency. (Click on underscored links) - Child Protection Branch of Child and Family Services  2nd floor - 777 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg MB R3G 0N3, Phone: 204-945-6964 Email:

NEW BRUNSWICK: To report suspected child maltreatment: Call 1-800-992-2873 or for After Hours Emergencies Services Call 1-800-442-9799 - Social Development: Sartain MacDonald Building, P. O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB, E3B 5H1- Phone: 506-453-2001 -  Child and Youth Advocate: 548 York Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick, E3B 3R2 - Phone: 506-453-2789  -  Toll-free: 1-888-465-1100

NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR: To report suspected child maltreatment: Call your local Children, Seniors, and Social Development office. These offices are located in four regions: Metro, Central East, Western, and Labrador Region. The contact information for the Metro regional office is listed below, if you reside outside this region, please visit the Children, Seniors and Social Development webpage for all other phone numbers. 

Metro: Phone: 1-709-729-4612 (8:30am-4:30pm)  -  After Hours: 1-709-729-4775

NOVA SCOTIA: To report suspected child maltreatment: Call the agency or district office in the Department of Community Services nearest to you. If you are not sure whom to contact, you can call the Nova Scotia Community Services head office at 1-877-424-1177. You can report suspected child maltreatment after regular business hours at 1-866-922-2434. Nova Scotia Department of Community ServicesNelson Place,5675 Spring Garden Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1H1 - Phone: 1-877-424-1177

Nova Scotia Office of the Ombudsman - Youth Services5670 Spring Garden Road, Suite 700, PO Box 2152, Halifax. NS B3J 3B7 -  E-mail: Phone numbers: General Inquires: 902-424-6780 - Toll-free in Nova Scotia 1-800-670-1111 - Youth Services: toll-free in Nova Scotia 1-888-839-6884 - Fax: 902-424-6675

NORTHWEST TERRITORIES: To report suspected child maltreatmentContact your local community social worker. In Yellowknife, call 867-873-7276 OR  867-445-1092 after hours. Child and Family ServicesGovernment of the Northwest Territories, Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9,  Phone: 867-767-9061 - Fax: 867-873-7706

The Northwest Territories does not have a Children’s Advocate Office. Concerns should be directed to the appropriate Health and Social Services Authority and/or the Health and Social Service Navigator
Parent and family support in the Northwest Territories: NWT Help Line (Crisis telephone line)(800) 661-0844 - 

NWT help directory database

NUNAVUT: To report suspected child maltreatment: Contact your local Community Social Services Office.

In Iqaluit, call 867-975-7250. Children and Family ServicesPO Box 1000 Station 1240, Iqaluit, NU, X0A 0H0, Phone: 867-975-5200 - Fax: 867-975-5722 - Representative for Children and Youth3rd Floor, Qamutiq Building, PO Box 488, Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0 - Phone: 867-975-5090 - Toll free phone: 1-855-449-8118 - Email:

Parent and family support in the Nunavut: Inuit Health Matters

ONTARIO: To report suspected child maltreatment: Call your local Children’s Aid Society

Ministry of Children and Youth Services77 Wellesley Street West, PO Box 156, Toronto ON M7A 1N3

Toll-free phone: 1-866-821-7770 - TTY: 1-800-387-5559

Office of the Provincial Advocate for Children and Youth401 Bay Street, Suite 2200, Toronto, Ontario M7A 0A6
Phone: 416-325-5669  - Toll-free: 1-800-263-2841 - Fax: 416-325-5681 - TTY: 416-325-2648 Email:

Parent and family support in Ontario:

PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND: To report suspected child maltreatment: Call the Provincial Child Protection Intake Unit at 1-877-341-3101 OR For after-hours calls, phone 1-800-341-6868. Department of Family and Human Services: Second Floor, Jones Building,11 Kent Street, PO Box 2000, Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8 - Phone: 902-620-3777  - Toll-free: 1-866-594-3777 - Fax: 902-894-0242 - Advocate: Prince Edward Island does not have a Children's Advocate Office. Concerns should be directed to the appropriate office of child and family services. 

QUEBEC: To report suspected child maltreatment: Call the Director of Youth Protection (child protection agency) for your area. For services in English in Montreal, call 514-935-6196. For services in French in Montreal, call 514-896-3100.

Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux (Health and Social Services)787, boulevard Lebourgneuf, Québec,

QC G2J 0B5 - Québec calling area: 418-644-4545 - Montréal calling area: 514-644-4545 - Elsewhere in Québec:

1-877-644-4545 (toll-free)  - TTY: 1-800-361-9596 - Commission des droits de la Personne et des droits de la jeunesse

360, Saint-Jacques St, 2nd floor, Montréal QC H2Y 1P5 Access for disabled persons: 361, Notre-Dame St West - 

Phone: 514-873-5146 - Toll-free: 1-800-361-6477 - E-mail:

Supports in Quebec:

SASKATCHEWAN: To report suspected child maltreatment: Call the local Social Services Child Protection office for your area or call your local provincial child protection line: Prince Albert (North) 1-866-719-6164
Saskatoon (Centre) 1-800-274-8297 - Regina (South) 1-844-787-3760 - 
Ministry of Social Services: 1920 Broad Street, Regina, SK S4P 3V6 - Toll-free phone: 1-866-221-5200 Email:

Advocate for Children and Youth500 - 350 3rd Avenue North, Saskatoon, SK Canada  S7K 6G7

Toll-free phone: 1-800-322-7221 - Phone: 306-933-6700 - Fax: 306-933-406 - Email: 

YUKON: To report suspected child maltreatment: Call 867-667-3002 OR 1-800-661-0408 ext. 3002 (24 hours).

Ministry of Health and Social ServicesGovernment of Yukon, Box 2703, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Email: - Toll free phone: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 3002 - 
Yukon Child & Youth Advocate Office

2070-2nd Avenue, Unit 19, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 1B1 - Phone: 867-465-5575  - Fax: 867-465-5574

Parent and family support in Yukon:

                                        HUMAN TRAFFICKING RESOURCES












If you are a victim of Human Trafficking and or suspect that somebody is then please MAKE THAT CALL. Help is available 24/7 across the country so NEVER think you are alone, if you aren't sure of your location please contact your local RCMP detachment or municipal police agency. It's better to offer help that may not be needed then to have a victim need help and have nobody to offer it.

  • New Brunswick

  • Newfoundland and Labrador

  • Nova Scotia

  • Prince Edward Island 

  • Quebec 

  • National Capital Region
    613-993-8888 or 613-952-4200

  • Ontario 

  • Alberta

  • Manitoba

  • North West Territories

  • Nunavut

  • Saskatchewan

  • British Columbia 
    Contact your local RCMP detachment or municipal police agency

  • Yukon

                                              PTSD & MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES










The following is a list of links to suicide and crisis hotlines, and resources dedicated to the prevention of suicide as well as how to find counseling for many MENTAL HEALTH issues INCLUDING but not restricted to PTSD - YOUTH GAMBLING -ADDICTIONS. Asking for help is the first step to recovery, living with & dealing with Mental Health issues is long term, BUT you don't have to suffer alone or in silence. SPEAK OUT - REACH OUT - GET OUT  our motto in life and making that call will be your first step to recovery and living life instead of simply existing.

                                                                                                                                                                                                       National Crisis Hotlines

Kids Help Phone


Crisis Services Canada

1-833-456-4566 or text 45645

First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line


Centre for Suicide Prevention


Canada Drug Rehab Addiction Services Directory


National Eating Disorder Information Centre


National resources for information about mental illness

Bell Let's Talk

Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention (not a crisis line)


Canadian Mental Health Association


Canadian Psychological Association


Mood Disorders Society of Canada


Schizophrenia Society of Canada


Mental Health Commission



British Columbia Crisis Hotlines

Crisis Centre


No area code needed: 310-6789

British Columbia Resources

Canadian Mental Health Association - British Columbia Division




Youth in B.C. online chat

Greater Vancouver Area: 604-872-3311

Howe Sunshine & Sunshine Coast: 1-866-661-3311

Aboriginal Wellness Program


B.C. Psychological Association - Find a Psychologist


B.C. Problem Gambling Help Line



Alberta Crisis Hotlines

Distress Centre


Alberta Resources

Canadian Mental Health Association - Alberta Division


Suicide Information and Education Services


Psychologists Association of Alberta - Find a Psychologist



Saskatchewan Crisis Hotlines

Saskatoon Crisis Intervention Service


Mobile Crisis Services


Saskatchewan Resources

Canadian Mental Health Association - Saskatchewan Division


Psychology Association of Saskatchewan - Find a Psychologist


Manitoba Crisis Hotlines

Manitoba Suicide Prevention Line "Reason to Live"


Klinic Crisis Line


Manitoba Sexual Assault Crisis Line


Manitoba Resources

Canadian Mental Health Association - Manitoba Division


Klinic Community Health


Mental Health Education Resource Centre of Manitoba


Manitoba Psychological Society - Find a Psychologist



Yukon Crisis Hotlines

Yukon Crisis Line


Yukon Resources

Yukon Health and Social Services


Mood Disorders Society of Canada - Yukon Division


Depression Understood



Northwest Territories Crisis Hotlines

Northwest Territories Help Line


Northwest Territories Resources

Department of Health and Social Services



Nunavut Crisis Hotlines

Nunavut Kamatsiaqtut Help Line



Ontario Crisis Hotlines

Ontario Mental Health Helpline




Gerstein Crisis Centre


Mental Health Crisis Line

In Ottawa: 613-722-6914

In the larger Ottawa area: 1-866-996-0991

ONTX Ontario Online & Text Crisis Service

Text 741741

District and Crisis Ontario Helplines


Connex Ontario


Ontario Resources

Ontario Psychological Association - Find a Psychologist


Canadian Mental Health Association - Ontario Division


Family Association for Mental Health Everything (FAME)


Ontario Victim Support Line


Ontario 211


Drug and Alcohol Helpline


Toronto Distress Centre


Toronto Rape Crisis Centre



Quebec Crisis Hotlines

Centre de Prevention du Suicide de Quebec


Quebec Resources

Action on Mental Illness


Centre de Prevention du Suicide du Haut-Richelieu


Movement Sante Mentale Quebec



Newfoundland and Labrador Crisis Hotlines

Mental Health Crisis Line


Newfoundland and Labrador Resources

Canadian Mental Health Association - Newfoundland and Labrador Division


Mental Health and Addictions Services triage line


Association of Psychology in Newfoundland and Labrador - Find a Psychologist



New Brunswick Crisis Hotlines

Chimo Helpline


New Brunswick Resources

Canadian Mental Health Association - New Brunswick Division


College of Psychologists of N.B. - Find a Psychologist



Prince Edward Island Crisis Hotlines

The Island Helpline


Prince Edward Island Resources

Canadian Mental Health Association - Prince Edward Island Division


Psychological Association of Prince Edward Island - Find a Psychologist


Nova Scotia Crisis Hotlines

Mental Health Mobile Crisis Line


Nova Scotia Resources

Canadian Mental Health Association - Nova Scotia Division


Association of Psychologists of Nova Scotia  - Find a Psychologist



its not that.png
mentall health.jpg
you are not alone.jpg
mental health stages 1.jpg
irelands missing image.jpg
Effects of Child abuse.jpg
mental health image.png
bottom of page